Superyachts Excellence V and Hampshire off Fort Lauderdale
Built by Abeking & Rasmussen in 2012,the 60 metre Excellence Vis the second yacht constructed by the German shipyard for this owner. One of the owner's special requirements was to have the yacht fit into the marina of Gustavia on the island of St Barths, one of the owner's favourite ports. Despite this restriction, Excellence V boasts a volume of 1,632 GT – unheard of for a yacht of her length. The yacht features a beautiful Reymond Langton interior, which you can view inthis on board feature.
In the background we see the 56.50 metre Hampshire which was launched at Feadship as Barbara Jean in 2001. After acquiring the yacht in 2006, the same owners then went on to build the 78.50 metreHampshire II, delivered in 2012.
Photo by Rob Starling
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA