The new superyacht Musashi on her maiden voyage
The 88 Musashi was launched 11 months ago at the Feadship De Vries Makkum facility, and was the second yacht launched in Feadship's XL program. She was built for an experienced yachtsman who previously owned an ever larger yacht, and many elements of the owner's previous yachts can be found on board Musashi. On May 2nd of this year, the yard launched Musashi's sistership, christened Fountainhead. To date both Mushashi and Fountainhead are the largest Feadship superyachts ever built, but Feadship has currently two larger yachts in-build; the 99 metre XL 1004 and Royal Van Lent has a contract for a 101.50 metre superyacht.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA