Al Yamamah, the 82 meter superyacht owned by the Saudi Royal Family, arrived in St Jean Cap Ferrat today. It’s one of her first appearances outside Greek and Arabian waters since her launch.
Al Yamamah was originally build as Qadissiyat Saddam for the Iraqi government, but due to the political situation the yacht was never delivered to Iraq, but instead went to Saudi Arabia. She was built in 1981 in Denmark at the Helsingor Vaerft, who also build the 147 meter Prince Abdulaziz.
Since her launch she has undergone several refits, one of the most notable changes is the color of her funnel which has changed from yellow to the same color blue as is used on the funnel of Prince Abdulaziz.
Photo credit: Merijn de Waard / Yacht-Images.com
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA