Substantial refit projects for the mighty 93 metre schooner EOS and the 40 metre motor yacht Be Mine underline the strong credentials Royal Huisman’s specialist refit capability, huisfit, is bringing to its first appearance at METS.
A year ago Royal Huisman took the decision to broaden the scope of its already comprehensive refit capability. huisfit offers access to Royal Huisman standards of custom engineering and service to deliver the highest quality superyacht refits, whether sail or motor, classic or modern. A novel feature of the huisfit proposition is that owners and captains can select a refit location – whether at the yard or on the Dutch coastline – that best suits the project, the schedule and their individual preferences.
At 93m LOA, the 1500 GRT three-masted schooner EOS is the world’s largest sailing yacht. Launched by Lürssen in 2006, EOS’s active schedule over the past five years has resulted in an extensive refit work-list that includes:
- New paint job for hull, superstructure and spars
- Overhaul of deck equipment and Rondal masts
- Updates to teak deck
- Extensive service work to mechanics, board systems (including 5 year Lloyds re-certification) and air conditioning
- A range of general works and cosmetic repairs
The refit will be undertaken under cover by the huisfit team at the nearby seaport of Harlingen, whilst the spars will return to Vollenhove for refurbishment and re-painting; the yard’s core engineering facility will be deployed for the manufacture and repair of components.
Another quality build from Lürssen, the 40m motor yacht Be Mine is of steel construction with an aluminium superstructure. Launched in 1991, she is ready for some updating and re-modelling work in addition to an extensive refit programme. In addition to general repairs and cosmetics this includes:
- Paintjob of underwater body, hull and superstructure
- Construction work including updates to the sun deck, main deck and updates to the hull portholes
- Replacement of teak decks
- Service work to board systems
- Interior modifications including upgrades to the upholstery
- Updates to electronics (entertainment, navigation and communication) and to electrics
Be Mine will be hauled at the yard in Vollenhove in the coming weeks, with delivery scheduled for Spring 2012.
Commenting on behalf of the huisfit team, service and refit manager Bert Tromp said: “It is extremely encouraging to have been awarded orders for 133m of high quality refit work for two such prestigious yachts, so soon after we have presented our refit proposition to the market. It confirms that we have the package right and the pricing competitive. It also demonstrates that industry experts appreciate the added value conferred by the words ‘refitted by huisfit at Royal Huisman’.”
Huisfit is exhibiting in the Superyacht Pavilion at METS, on stand 10.719 on the Refit Boulevard, from November 15-17 2011.