Photo: Tom van OossanenThe popular Spanish seaside town of Marbella on the famous Costa del Sol is a bustling yachting hotspot during the summer season but also hosts several superyacht residents during its mild winter months. Captured here last week is the Puerto Banus-regular Lady Haya; the 64.6-metre Japanese motor yacht built by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries in 1981 as Pegasus IV. Beside her is the Palumbo superyacht Taiba; a one-off custom motor yacht launched by the Italian shipyard in 2015 and built to a design by Hydro Tec. Francesco Cianficconi Architetto designed the interiors on board which is an eclectic mix inspired by natural elements that has been finished with a variety of woods mixed with mirror and marble surfaces.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA