Following her sale to her current owner in 2014, the 86 metre Lürssen superyacht Quattroelle made her way to Dubai where her home berth is now located. Since then she received a new cruising partner in the form of a 56 metre support yacht. Having previously supported the 50 metre Trinity superyacht Sapphire, the toy, staff and provision-carrying vessel Red Sapphire Shadow is now known as Quattroelle Shadow.
Quattroelle Shadow was built in the U.S.A. by VT Halter Marine in 1981 to a rugged and functional design by Kirilloff & Associates. She started out as Marsea Twelve serving as an offshore supply vessel, but in recent years has spent her life as a yacht support vessel thanks to her generous deck spaces, dive support and exceptional sea keeping capabilities.
Photos by Tom van Oossanen, Merijn de Waard & Jody King
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA