Four years ago we began collecting in-depth data on the market for used yachts. This includes every yacht for sale, all central agents, all price changes, number of days on the market, price per gross tonnage and much more. Today, this complete and up-to-date marketplace is exclusively available to subscribers of our intelligence system SuperYacht Times iQ.Photo: Julien Hubert / SuperYacht TimesBut we felt we could also do something to make the market for used yachts more transparent for all yacht buyers and professionals. Therefore we have recently listed all yachts for sale on SuperYacht Times and created the most complete and up-to-date public superyacht marketplace.
As of today, there are around 1,700 yachts over 24 metres listed for sale on the yachts for sale section on SuperYacht Times. These listings are monitored daily by our in-house intelligence team and include every yacht on the market, not just the listings we have been paid to promote.Photo: Charl van Rooy / SuperYacht TimesWhy us?
There are other websites that list yachts for sale, which usually rely on yacht brokers uploading their own yacht listings or placing paid yacht listings. The problem with these platforms is that they will never offer an in-depth overview of the complete marketplace and are mainly focussed on selling featured yachts to brokers.Photo: Bruno Buisson / SuperYacht TimesWhat can we do for brokers?
Besides making it easier for yacht buyers, we also want to make it easier for yacht brokers to promote their central agency listings. We do this by:
- Being the only complete marketplace for 24-metre + yachts for sale on the most established superyacht website
- Having our in-house intelligence team manage all yachts and listings, saving brokers time and work
- Offering easy contact options for the user to get in touch directly with the yacht’s selling broker
- Providing easy access for brokers to report updates, such as changes in price or a change in broker
Photo: Charl van Rooy / SuperYacht TimesDoes it work?
Our approach is working, and this can already be seen in the rise in traffic on the SuperYacht Times website. The number of page views on the yachts for sale webpages continues to grow every month, for example in March the traffic was up 65% compared to January 2019.
Yachts for sale market overview
- Today, the most expensive yacht for sale is the 85-metre Lürssen built Areti, which is currently listed for sale €175,000,000
- Today, the largest yacht for sale in LOA is the 95.2-metre Lürssen built Kismet
- Today, the largest yachts for sale in volume is the 88.5-metre and 3,642GT yacht Illusion Plus built by Pride Mega Yachts
- Today, the largest sailing yacht for sale is Atlantic, the 69.24-metre schooner built by Van der Graaf B.V.
- There are currently 55 yachts over 60 metres and 63 explorer yachts listed for sale
- There are currently 63 Explorer yachts for sale worldwide.
There are currently:
SuperYacht Times - The State of Yachting 2019
Being the intelligence partner for the top shipyards and yacht brokers in the world, we have learned to analyse and track the market in great detail. Each year our leading market report is used by investors, CEOs, owners and other key decision makers to inform themselves on the state of the market and future developments. Find all the information you need on the market, fleet, construction book, ownership nationalities and much more in our report.
#weknow - do you want to know? Buy the report now for only €299!