After four months listed for sale, the 36.4-metre explorer yacht Preference, previously named Bartender, has found a new owner after being introduced by Jason Duggan at Thompson, Westwood and White and Jim Elliot at Northrop & Johnson.Photo: TWW YachtsDelivered in 2011 by Turkish yard Tansu Yachts under her original name Nomade, the steel and aluminium superyacht features both an interior and exterior design by Tansu, and won an award at the 2012 ShowBoats International Design Awards. Kerim Acar Yacht Design is responsible for her naval architecture.Photo: TWW YachtsThe DNV/GL classed and MCA compliant Preference can accommodate up to 10 guests onboard across five staterooms. Guests can choose from a main-deck master suite, two doubles and two twins all with ensuite bathroom facilities. With multi-functional outdoor areas, guests can utilise the large aft-deck for either tender storage or as a relaxation area. The bar, sun loungers and Biminis can be found on the upper-deck, which also has access to the saloon and dining area. Photo: TWW YachtsPreference features zero speed stabilisers and is powered by twin CAT 1,940hp engines that can take her to a range of 3,200 nautical miles whilst cruising at 12 knots.Photo: TWW YachtsAt the time of sale, Preference was asking €7,800,000, which is equivalent to €34,667 per GT.
Market statistics courtesy of SuperYacht Times iQ
- In 2018 Turkish yachts sold at an average asking price of €9,283,740, equivalent to €22,849 per GT
- In 2018 yachts in the 34-38-metre range sold at an average asking price of €4.966.488 or €21,039 per GT
- Yachts built circa 2011 in Turkey measuring around 36m sold at an average asking price of €4,322,514 or €19,013 per GT during 2018
- Two Tansu yachts, Cyclone and Obo, were sold last year for an average value of €9,475,000
- Today there are four Tansu yachts for sale at an average asking price of €8,225,000
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Our market report is the most complete in the business and provides in-depth analysis of the fleet by size range, the construction book, the market for new and used yachts for sale and the superyacht builders, as well as a detailed overview of superyacht ownership. It also gives the personal views of Merijn de Waard, company founder and long-term superyacht market analyst, on the state of the market.