By Maarten Janssen, Photo by Ricardo Pilguj
Octopus arriving in Hamburg
The 126.20 metre superyacht Octopus, seen here earlier this week when she arrived in Hamburg, is the world's 14th largest yacht. She was built by Lürssen in 2003 to a design of Espen Oeino International and features an interior by Jonathan Quinn Barnett. She has a cruising speed of 17 and a top speed of 20 knots. Octopus has a large swimming pool on her bridge deck, a cinema, a basketball court, two helipads, two mini submarines and just like in one of the owner's other yachts, the 60 metre Feadship Meduse, a sound recording studio.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA