Photo: Max MeissnerSeen outside Porto Cervo in Sardinia a few weeks ago is the 133-metre German superyacht Al Mirqab. The yacht was built by Kusch Yachts at the Peters Werft in 2008 and brought together designers Tim Heywood (exterior) and Winch Design (interior) as the design team of one of the largest yachts in the world. Built for a high-profile owner, the Qatari-flagged vessel’s interior is said to be highly ornate and extremely luxurious, of which only a few photos have ever been released. She offers a grand swimming pool on the lower deck which can be opened up to the sea by side hatches to create the ultimate play area.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA