The 135.95 metre Savarona has a long and interesting history. Built in 1931 by Blohm & Voss, she was originally made for Mrs. Emily Roebling Cadwalader. In 1938 she was purchased by the Turkish government and was presented to Mustapha Kemal Atatürk. However, in the end of the eighties, after the passing of Mustapha Kemal Atatürk Savarona was laid up and ready to be scrapped, however, luckily she was rescued by a Turkish ship owner who leased the yacht for 49 years and completely restored her. Her naval and exterior restoration was by Cox & Stevens with interior by Donald Starkey Designs. Powered by Caterpillar engines she has a cruising speed of 16 and a maximum of 18 knots. In this photo she is photographed at dusk cursing along the Turkish coastline.