Superyacht Yas arriving in Portimāo, Portugal
On her first visit to Portuguese shores as a converted superyacht, the 141-metre motor yacht Yas arrived in the town of Portimāo earlier this month. The background story of Yas is an interesting one, with the yacht having started life out as a Dutch naval vessel and was then later moved to Abu Dhabi whereshewas transformed by the ADM Shipyard. She features an interior by Pierrejean Studio in France, who also designed her exterior. Yas arrived in the Mediterranean for the first time last year after she was launched in 2011 at the Middle Eastern shipyard.
Photo by Miguel Santos
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA