Edmiston has today announced the sale of the 36.58 metre sailing yacht Shamrock V. Originally built in 1930 by Camper & Nicholsons Shipyard for Sir. Thomas Lipton - the founder of Lipton tea - she is the only wooden J-Class yacht ever built.
Shamrock V has been well maintained throughout her lifetime, and features naval architecture and exterior design by Charles E. Nicholson. She underwent a refit in 2001 at Pendennis Shipyard, which saw Dykstra Naval Architects collaborate on her exterior and undertake her interior design in it’s entirety. Today, she accommodates up to eight guests over a luxurious four cabin layout.
Shamrock V was sold with Edmiston representing both the buyer and the seller in the deal. At the time of sale she was listed at an asking price of €6,000,000.