The 45m superyacht Texas in Portsea, Australia
Texas is a 45 metre superyacht launched by Turkish shipyard Turquoise Yachts (then Proteksan Turquoise) in 1984 as Permaisuri. The yacht was involved in an extended court battle between her well known Australian owner and a certain New Zealand shipyard over ten years ago. Today the steel hulled motor yacht spends much of her time in the Australian port of Melbourne, as seen here on the last day of 2015 when she was anchored of the coastal town of Portsea.
Photo by Tracy Evans
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA