Another significant superyacht sale was announced this week, this time in the form of the 55 metre Serenity after just three months on the market. Built by the Dutch shipyard Heesen in 2012, she features naval architecture by Van Oossanen Naval Architects and exterior design by Omega Architects.
She accommodates up to 12 guests on board over six generous cabins, including a large master suite on the main deck, as well as a full beam VIP cabin on the lower deck in addition to two twin and two double cabins. Powered by twin MTU 12V 4000 M60 engines, she has a range of 5,000 nm.
Serenity was listed for sale by Katya Jaimes and Frank Grzeszczak at IYC, with Kevin Callahan at Moran Yacht & Ship introducing the buyer in the deal. At the time of sale she was listed at an asking price of €36,000,000. Her new owner has reportedly already taken delivery and will enjoy a full season of summer cruising.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA