Recently spotted on the Yucatán Peninsula in Cancun is the 65-metre superyacht Galactica Star, built by Heesen Yachts in 2013 and sold shortly after she was completed. Designed by Omega Architects, she was the first yacht to feature the Fast Displacement Hull Form (FDHF) that was developed by Van Oossanen Naval Architects. The interior of Galactica Star was designed by Bannenberg & Rowell.
The yacht is currently based in Cancun, though with the US government wishing to seize the yacht as part of a court-ordered seizure of her owner's assets, it is unknown how long Mexico shall remain her home.
Photo by SYT reader
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA