Text and photo by Maarten Janssen / SuperYachtPhoto.com
The 77 metre superyacht Samar at anchor
Built by Devonport Yachts, Samar has been designed by H2 Yacht Design, Nick Meyers and Laurent Giles Naval Architects. She features a large tender garage in her stern, which houses an 11 metre Chris Craft tender, and she is equipped with a helipad. Her interior is quite dramatic, with a lavishly panelled circular master suite and an extraordinary main saloon with a 3 metre high ceiling, made up of octagonal light wells. Samar is powered by triple Wärtsilä diesel-electric engines.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA