Legend and Silver Fast in Monaco
Seen here side by side during last week’s annual Monaco Yacht Show are the two motor yachts Legend (left) and Silver Fast. Both vessel measure 77 metres in length and perfectly represents the impact an increased gross tonnage has on a yacht’s actual size. Despite having the same length, Legend is, in fact, three times larger with a gross tonnage of 2407 GT, compared to Silver Fast’s 800 GT. Silver Fast's slender design and low-volume are key to her efficiency and high-speed cruising capabilities while Legend was created for long-range passages in rough weather able to carry tons of supplies and exploration equipment.
Photo by SuperYacht Times
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA