In 2009, Palmer Johnson Introduced a new superyacht design concept, the Palmer Johnson World, a unique Ice Class series of luxury oceangoing superyachts defined by a distinctive style and powerful presence. The hull and superstructure of the yacht seem to be completed, as seen on this photo recently taken by Jose A. Martinez Rodeiro. Capable of traversing the most remote regions in extreme climatic conditions, PJ World uses the latest Rolls Royce design competence in offshore technology to ensure peak performance, endurance, reliability, low ownership costs and maintenance efficiency.
In 2009 PJ acquired the Norwegian shipyard Flekkefjord Slipp & Maskinfabrikk’s which is one of a handful worldwide with experience in building complex seismic, research and exploration vessels. The PJ World is designed by Nuvolari & Lenard.
Although unconfirmed, we believe the project is currently on hold.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA