The 88-metre sailing superyacht Maltese Falcon in the British Virgin Islands
Pictured here off the island of Virgin Gorda in the British Virgin Islands is one of the world’s most instantly recognisable sailing superyachts, the 88-metre Maltese Falcon. Built by Perini Navi and completed in 2006, she features both interior and exterior design by Ken Freivokh, with Dykstra Naval Architects collaborating with the in-house team at the yard on her naval architecture. She was built for the late, great Tom Perkins, who together with Dykstra employed the first Dyna Rig design on a superyacht.
Photo by anoldent
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA