The 93m Lürssen sailing yacht EOS at Punta Balandra
Considered the largest sailing yacht in the world in operation today, the 92.92-metre EOS remains German yacht builder, Lürssen’s sole sailing yacht built in its modern history. Launched in 2006, EOS has a volume of 1,500 GT and is constructed entirely out of aluminium to a design by Langan Design and an interior by Francois Catroux. She was one of the first yachts to visit Royal Huisman’s Huisfit refit services in 2011 where she received a brand new coat of exterior paint amongst other works. EOS was recently spotted off Playa Balandra outside La Paz, Mexico and has since crossed the Pacific Ocean where she is currently cruising the islands of French Polynesia.
Photo by Max Feingold
The SuperYacht iQ 2018 Market Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA