Sunny Day in Monaco
Sunny Day was built at the Italian shipyard Alalunga in 1989 and has remained in the same family ownership since her launch. A recent refit project saw the yacht being stripped down to the bare minimum at Baltic Yachts in Finland where Design Unlimited was tasked with giving her a fresh interior look while retaining the same original Italian style in which she has been cruising for almost 30 years. Nearly 10 feet has been added to her stern where a folding transom now houses the yacht’s tender taking her LOA to 25.07 metres. During the extensive refit, she received two brand new V10 MTU engines that together deliver 3,200hp; nearly twice that of her original engineering setup. The result is an all-wooden yacht capable of a top speed of over 30 knots. Here she is recently seen arriving in the anchorage outside Monaco.
Photo by SuperYacht Times
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA