Photo: Christo303Built in 1970 at the Benetti shipyard, seen here at anchor on the French Riviera over 10 years ago is the classic Italian yacht Um Harair. At 47.78 metres in length, she was one of the larger yachts in operation in the ‘70s and remains active till this day under Middle Eastern ownership. In 2003, the yacht was hit by a devastating fire which almost destroyed the entire vessel. She was rebuilt to her original state, however, and returned to service in 2007. Powered by twin Caterpillar 3412TA engines, Um Harair has a top speed of 16 knots, a cruising speed of 12 knots and a range of 4,000 nm.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA