Photo: Floris KoopmansBuilt in 1996 by the Dutch shipyard Vuyk en Zonen, Sherakhan was converted into a luxury superyacht in 2005 under the guidance of her owner and designer Claudia Rintjes. On board, Sherakhan accommodates up to 26 guests across 13 luxurious and individually-styled guest cabins, comprising one master suite, two VIP suites, four double cabins and six twin cabins. With power provided by her Caterpillar 3508B DITA diesel engine, Sherakhan has a maximum speed of 13 knots, and a cruising speed of 11 knots. The yacht recently underwent another facelift, changing her exterior from the once famous blue hull into an all-white finish as is seen here where she was anchored off Monaco earlier this summer.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA