Superyacht Naia departing St Mararten
Seen here departing St Maarten is the 73-metre Spanish-built superyacht Naia, previously known as Pegaso. Freire Shipyard in Vigo launched her in 2011 and she remains the largest yacht to have been built in Spain till this day. She is designed by H2 Yacht Design and Moore Yacht Design as a rugged research vessel and top operate as a luxury yacht. Her expedition capabilities include a five-person submarine, an enormous fully certified helipad, and offers an incredible 10,000 nm range while cruising at 12 knots. Naia has since returned to the Mediterranean where she will spend her summer season.
Photo by Marc-André Mireault
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA