Seen here together in the small Italian harbour of Portofino are the two Feadship superyachts Strangelove (left) and Utopia. Over two decades separate these two yachts that were built at the same shipyard in the Netherlands in 1982 and 2004 respectively. Designed by Arthur de Fever, Strangelove was launched as Paminusch and was later renamed Paris before her current owner settled on Strangelove. A second Paminusch was delivered by Feadship four years later in 1986 to a design by De Voogt Naval Architects.
Utopia is a 72-metre motor yacht that was launched in 2004, the same year that the 86-metre Ecstasea took to the water at Feadship’s Royal Van Lent shipyard. One of the most luxurious yachts of her time, Utopia is till this day praised for her spacious interior and guest-friendly layout.
Photo by Ricardo Gomez Angel
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA