On Saturday February 23rd at 3.30am superyacht quaranta was taken out of the Tuzla shipyard shed on to the public road by a huge trailer capable of transporting goods up to three hundred tons. It was ready to commence the 3KM journey to the RMK shipyard for launching.
The trailer was taken on to the main road which had been sealed off by the local police Force, and some street lights and signs had to be removed in order to allow for the nine meter beam transport.
A cherry picker crane was available to remove some branches of trees that were obstructing the path.
Helped along the way by municipality workers that yacht slowly but surely made her way to the sea.
At 6AM Saturday morning the Curvelle quaranta arrived at RMK shipyard for the mounting of the Bimini top and mast.
The following day, on Sunday Morning at 10.45, quaranta was christened by Susan Mackintosh, wife of Luuk V. van Zanten.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA