Sailing yacht Maltese Falcon in Capri
The well-documented super sailing yacht Maltese Falcon was launched at Perini Navi’s facility in Istanbul in 2006, having been commissioned by a well known American businessman. She was sold in 2009 to her current owner, who actively takes part in sailing regattas around the world with her yacht. Maltese Falcon’s unique DynaRig sail plan has to be one of her most recognizable features, consisting of three free-standing rotating carbon masts, allowing for near-autonomous sail handling. Perini Navi worked with Dykstra Naval Architects to make sure she is able to reach her 20 knots top speed, with Ken Freivokh Design having styled the yacht's interior and exterior space.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA