The METS Young Professionals Club (YPC) was introduced to METS in 2011, and aims to bring together people aged 35 or younger at the show for a specially designed programme to encourage and evoke inspiration in the younger generation of the industry.
Manager of METS, Irene Dros, comments, “The reason why we started METS YPC in 2011 was that we felt there was a need for it. The whole new generation is so different than the older generation of 50 to 65+. In the coming years so many people will leave the industry because of their age. They will retire. A lot of knowledge will be leaving the industry, and a whole new generation is coming up. We need to bond them and link them together, so that they can learn from each other and be a part of a global network.”
The programme is free of charge and includes meets and greets with various industry leaders, guided tours and speed networking sessions. During the show, members will also have access to a YPC lounge to meet up with like minded people over lunch and coffee.
Commenting on the program, Dros goes on to say, “You can learn so much from history and the expertise that people have, so we’ve invited the key note speaker from our opening ceremony to do a really one-to-one presentation in the Young Professionals Club. We will arrange one-to-one meetings. There is a lounge, and it’s accessible for every young professional, it doesn’t cost any money, it’s just to bring that generation together and to offer them a face and communicate with them.”
METS Young Professionals Club METS 2014 programme:
• Breakfast briefing with keynote speaker Carla Demaria, President of Monte Carlo and DAME Award announcement by Bill Dixon of Dixon Yacht Design and chairman of the DAME jury
• DAME winner presentations at the Innovation LAB stage and guided DAME tour visiting companies of winning and nominated products
• Guided Material Xperience tour by Materia - NEW theme Lightweight Challenge
• Entrance to the METS Happy hour
• The most active members in the YPC group will be rewarded with an elevator pitch editorial in the METS Daily News powered by IBI
This years METS will be held in Amsterdam RAI Convention Centre from 18th to 20th November.