Seen here together in the city of Birgu on the island of Malta last week are the two Oceanco motor yachts Amevi and Indian Empress. Seven years separate these two vessels, with the 95-metre Indian Empress having been launched in 2000 as the Dutch shipyard’s longest completed vessel at the time – a title she held until last year when the 106-metre Black Pearl was unveiled. The 80-metre Amevi became the first in Oceanco’s new Y700 generation of yachts when she was launched in 2007 after a design by Nuvolari Lenard.
Photo by Gabrijela Parigros
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA