Friday night of the Monaco Yacht Show saw the first ever Camper & Nicholsons charter crew awards season culminate with a massive party and presentation on the beautiful terrace of the Miramar Hotel, overlooking the glittering yachts as the sun set across the harbour below.
Eagerly anticipating the announcement of who our brightest stars were this Mediterranean season was a huge crowd of more than 150 crew and industry associates. The stylish star-shaped awards, each engraved with the winners' names, were presented by our Crew Coach, Alison Rentoul, with loud cheers for all the winning stars, several of whom were there to collect their awards in person.
Following the awards announcement, guests had a chance to let their hair down with a free bar and delicious tapas while dancing into the wee hours to the jumping tunes of the Riviera's favourite live band, the Blah Blah's.
The official C&NI Crew Stars 2013 Summer Season winners are as follows:
- SHINING STARS (Best Interior Crew) Silver Angel
- BLAZING STARS (Best Exterior Crew) Mary Jean
- GALACTIC GALLEY (Best Crew Food) Swan
- BRIGHTEST STARS (Best Engineer) Samira
- ALL STARS (Best Whole Crew) Mary Jean
- GUIDING STAR (Best Mentor) Anjit Thapa Magar - Bosun on board Mary Jean
- RISING STAR (Best Yachting Newcomer) Katherine Goodsell - Deckhand on board Mary Jean
Captain Danielle de Vere of Mary Jean was thrilled with the success of her hard working crew, who received fantastic recognition for their efforts this season by winning four of the seven awards: "I have goose bumps, I'm so proud! There are so many amazing yachts and crew amongst us and to be voted by our peers as the 'All Stars' is truly an honour. Everybody knows it takes a special something for a crew to meld together and work as one, and everyone of Mary Jean's crew deserves a special mention - they are all amazing!"