In a world where social media is king with a growing community of yacht spotters, the extension of SuperYacht Times’ reach into the social media scene was a natural step in the right direction.
Although always with a presence on these platforms, over a year ago SYT decided to up our game and dedicate our Instagram page, @superyachttimes, as the main platform to share the best superyacht images and videos created by our own media team or sourced from yacht spotting partners around the world. The result? An organic growth of 100,000 followers over the past 12 months and a collection of over 2,500 of the very best current and historic superyacht images. Here are the top 10 photos that sparked the most interest from you, our followers, in 2016.
1. Lionheart in Monaco
2. The launch of Oceanco's project Y712
3. Wally’s Galeocerdo in Monaco
4. Ulysses tender operations outside Cannes
5. Maltese Falcon at the 2016 Monaco Yacht Show
6. The launch of Mondomarine's Ipanema
7. Onboard Ocean Victory in Singapore
8. Dilbar in port of Monaco
9. Rising Sun squeezing into the port of Siracusa
10. Yas hauled out at Blohm + Voss shipyard
The SuperYacht iQ 2018 Market Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA