Launched in December 2015 already, the very first hull of Dutch shipyard Amels’ Limited Editions 242 range, named Freefall, has been put through her paces recently when she set off on her first sea trials out on the North Sea. Designers Tim Heywood and Andrew Winch worked together on the design of the exterior and interior spaces respectively.
The 74 metre project is overseen by Moran Yacht & Ship, and was moved from the main production shed to the yard’s Drydock 2, to allow for other projects, of which 10 is currently undergoing, to be continued.
The yard is also currently working on the second hull of the series, project 7402, which was recently sold to her owner, and is expected to be delivered some time in 2017.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA