Seen here arriving in Puerto Banus in Spain is the newly delivered 60 metre steel and aluminium superyacht Madame Kate. Built by the Dutch shipyard Amels and launched in February of this year, she is designed by Tim Heywood Design.
One of her most unique features is the paint work on her hull and superstructure, in which a special ‘pearl effect’ paint was used. On board she accommodates up to 12 guests in total, as well as a crew of 15. She is powered by twin Caterpillar 3512C engines, which give her a cruising speed of 15 knots and a maximum speed of 16.5 knots.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA