To kick-start the week, we saw Lürssen launch the long-anticipated 95-metre project Fiji and reveal a new name for the superyacht: Madsummer. As seen in the launch video from Lürssen (below), once undocked and brought out of her construction shed in Rendsburg, the work of exterior designer Harrison Eidsgaard and the sheer volume of Madsummer was unveiled.Photo: Klaus JordanPhoto: Tom van OossanenMadsummer boasts a helipad, hidden crane in the bulwark to deploy an aeroboat, 12-metre swimming pool and large spa area. Built for a repeat client of Moran Ship & Yacht from America, the new superyacht will accommodate up to 20 guests across 10 contemporary modern suites designed by interior designer Laura Sessa.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA