Superyacht Platinum was built in 1962 in Germany by Lürssen, and measures 54.65 metres. In the 1990's the yacht spend quite some time in California, where she was used by her owners to travel between Central America and San Diego.
In 2013 we published an article, asking if any of our readers knew the current position and state of the yacht. One of our readers has now send us this photo of Platinum, and tells us she has been located in Key west for the last few years, where she was docked in a deteriorated state, with all of her interiors removed.
Unfortunately it appears the yacht is being prepared for scrapping in New Orleans.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA