Whilst updating our database of yachts, I came across a yacht I haven't seen or heard from for years, superyacht Uthingo. Built in 1930 in the USA by Lawley, Uthingo measures 40 metres. We found this photo of her, when she served as an armed yacht for the Canadian Navy.
In 2001 she was offered for sale by Fraser Yachts, with an asking price of $ 1,000,000. According to her specs at that time, she accommodated 10-12 guests in 5 staterooms, and she had a range of 5000nm. We heard she was seen around that time in South Africa.
Please contact us if you have any recent or historical information on Uthingo, or if you have any recent photos of her. We will post an update as soon as we know more!
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA