After a hectic 2018 edition, which saw the first two days of racing canceled and a number of retirements, the annual Loro Piana Superyacht Regatta is set to return in 2019 at the Yacht Club Costa Smeralda in Porto Cervo. Due to the canceled race days, the 2019 edition will see the introduction of a new race format, with five full days of racing instead of four. This will allow more flexibility in case sea conditions are not optimal.
Photo: Charl van Rooy / SuperYacht TimesA set of unique courses will see superyachts make their way through the La Maddalena archipelago. Exclusive events organised in collaboration with the title sponsor Loro Piana will await owners, crew and their guests while on land. Photo: Carlo Borlenghi / YCCSPhoto: Carlo Borlenghi / YCCSIf you wish to take part in next year’s edition, the entry form is now available.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA