Lürssen has delivered Azzam on 22nd October 2013. In addition to being the largest yacht in the world with a length of 180 meters and with a top speed of over 30 knots she adds another record in terms of building time: less than three years from steel cutting following one year of engineering.
This enormous achievement was possible thanks to the guidance and leadership of Eng. Mubarak Saad al Ahbabi who is the principal designer and the man who defined the original creative idea based on his in-depth knowledge of the environment.
Azzam's innovative and timeless design has been developed by Mario Pedol from Nauta Yachts. The interior design was created by the renowned French designer Christophe Leoni who is excited to have been able to realize a sophisticated and luxurious interior in a turn of the century Empire style.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA