Delivered by Palmer Johnson in 2010, the 52.2m yacht Aura, has been sold by Thompson Westwood White Yachts and is to be renamed: DB9. Featuring both interior and exterior designs by Nuvolari Lenard, the Palmer Johnson 170 model was recently refitted at Dunya Yachts last year and is now ready to join the TWW charter fleet this summer.Up to 10 guests can choose from her five staterooms: a master suite, two double cabins, two twin cabins with two Pullman beds. Guests can also enjoy her impressive range of onboard amenities such as swimming pool and platform and Jacuzzi, tender garage and entertainment system suitable for outdoor cinema settings. Built from aluminium, Aura can cruise at 12 knots and reaches a top speed of 31.5 knots, all with the additional comfort of an onboard stabilisation system. At the time the sale was confirmed, Aura was listed as a yacht for sale with an asking price of €18,000,000 which is equivalent to €36,363 per GT.
Market statistics courtesy of SuperYacht Times iQ
- Last year, Palmer Johnson built yachts sold at an average asking price of €3.4m or €17,762 per GT
- During 2018, yachts built between 2008 and 2012 sold at an average asking price of €9.6m equivalent to €26,002 per GT
- In 2018 yachts in the 50-54-metre range sold at an average asking price of €13.8m or €19,949 per GT
Comparable sales courtesy of SuperYacht Times iQ
- Latitude a 2008 51-meter Benetti yacht had a last asking price of €17m equivalent to €20,935 per GT
- Kinta a 2008 53-meter Turquoise yacht had a last asking price of €12.5 equivalent to €16,756 per GT
- Seven Palmer Johnson yachts were sold last year for an average asking price of €3.4m
- Today there are 19 Palmer Johnson yachts for sale at an average asking price of €7.9m
SuperYacht Times - The State of Yachting 2020
#weknow - do you want to know? Buy the report now for only €299!