Photo: Merijn de Waard / SuperYacht TimesOriginally built in 1995 by Alloy Yachts, Sovereign has a long history sailing the open seas, winning the 1998 Superyacht Cup and attending the 2015 Dubois Cup. Dubois was responsible for her exterior design while British designers RWD created her modern interior. Up to eight guests can stay in the four staterooms, which include a full-beam master suite, a queen VIP stateroom and two twin cabins, plus accommodation for a crew of up to five. Powered by a Lugger L6140AL diesel engine, sailing yacht Sovereign cruises at 10 knots and can reach a top speed of 12 knots.
Market statistics courtesy of SuperYacht Times iQ
- In 2018 Australia-built yachts sold at an average asking price of €8.1m equivalent to €21,218 per GT
- Last year, Alloy only built one yacht which had an asking price of €4.3m or €23,598 per GT
- During 2018, yachts built between 1993 and 1997 sold at an average asking price of €4m equivalent to €16,860 per GT
- In 2018 yachts in the 34-38-metre range sold at an average asking price of €5.3m or €23,087 per GT
Comparable sales courtesy of SuperYacht Times iQ
- Norfolk Star, a 1996 37-meter Perini Navini had a last asking price of €3.9m equivalent to €23,636 per GT
- Song of the Sea a 2002 34-meter Nautor’s Swan had a last asking price of €4.7m equivalent to €42,727 per GT
- One Alloy yacht was sold last year and had an asking price of €4.4m
- Today there are 10 Alloy yachts for sale at an average asking price of €9.8m
- Sovereign had a last asking price of €2.9m or €19,863 per GT
SuperYacht Times - The State of Yachting 2019
Being the intelligence partner for the top shipyards and yacht brokers in the world, we have learned to analyse and track the market in great detail. Each year our leading market report is used by investors, CEOs, owners and other key decision makers to inform themselves on the state of the market and future developments. Find all the information you need on the market, fleet, construction book, ownership nationalities and much more in our report.
#weknow - do you want to know? Buy the report now for only €299!