After being delivered in November last year, the 69.2-metre Benetti motor yacht Spectre has been sold. Listed for sale by Peter Thompson at Thompson, Westwood & White, the buyer in the deal was introduced by Superyacht Sales & Charter. Photo: Benetti Spa Launched by Benetti in August last year, the fully-custom Spectre has a steel hull and aluminium superstructure and was built to a design by Giorgio M. Cassetta, with naval architecture by Dutch studio Mulder Design.
On board, she houses up to 12 guests across six staterooms as well as a crew of fifteen. Stand out features include a pool, touch-and-go helipad, spa and gymnasium, beach club and an elevator which provides access to all decks. In addition, her large master suite features a panoramic view and a secluded private jacuzzi deck.
After Elysium (ex. Quantum of Solace) and Diamonds Are Forever, Spectre is the third yacht launched by Benetti for John Staluppi.Photo: BenettiIn terms of performance, Spectre is powered by twin MTU 12V 4000 M93L diesel engines delivering a top speed of 21 knots and a cruising speed of 17 knots, with a generous range of 6,000 nautical miles at 12 knots.
Market statistics courtesy of SuperYacht Times iQ
- In 2018, Italian built yachts sold at an average asking price of €6,9m equivalent to €25,169 per GT
- Last year, Benetti built yachts sold at an average asking price of €10,3m or €24,648 per GT
- In 2018 yachts in the 68-72-metre range sold at an average asking price of €61,4m or €40,265 per GT
- During 2018, yachts built between 2013 and 2018 sold at an average asking price of €17,4m equivalent to €45,267 per GT
Specific statistics courtesy of SuperYacht Times iQ
- Yachts built circa 2018 in Italy measuring around 70m sold at an average asking price of €88m or €99,210 per GT
Comparable sales courtesy of SuperYacht Times iQ
- Saint Nicolas had a last asking price of €46,7m equivalent to €24,097 per GT
- Lady E had a last asking price of €59m equivalent to €38,138 per GT
- Twenty-two Benetti yachts were sold last year for an average asking price of €10,3m
- Today there are 61 used Benetti yachts for sale at an average asking price of €9,5m
- Spectre’s asking price was €65m or €46,099 per GT
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA