After being delivered in November last year, the 69.2-metre Benetti motor yacht Spectre has been sold. Listed for sale by Peter Thompson at Thompson, Westwood & White, the buyer in the deal was introduced by Superyacht Sales & Charter. Photo: Benetti Spa Launched by Benetti in August last year, the fully-custom Spectre has a steel hull and aluminium superstructure and was built to a design by Giorgio M. Cassetta, with naval architecture by Dutch studio Mulder Design.
On board, she houses up to 12 guests across six staterooms as well as a crew of fifteen. Stand out features include a pool, touch-and-go helipad, spa and gymnasium, beach club and an elevator which provides access to all decks. In addition, her large master suite features a panoramic view and a secluded private jacuzzi deck.
After Elysium (ex. Quantum of Solace) and Diamonds Are Forever, Spectre is the third yacht launched by Benetti for John Staluppi.Photo: BenettiIn terms of performance, Spectre is powered by twin MTU 12V 4000 M93L diesel engines delivering a top speed of 21 knots and a cruising speed of 17 knots, with a generous range of 6,000 nautical miles at 12 knots.
Market statistics courtesy of SuperYacht Times iQ
- In 2018, Italian built yachts sold at an average asking price of €6,9m equivalent to €25,169 per GT
- Last year, Benetti built yachts sold at an average asking price of €10,3m or €24,648 per GT
- In 2018 yachts in the 68-72-metre range sold at an average asking price of €61,4m or €40,265 per GT
- During 2018, yachts built between 2013 and 2018 sold at an average asking price of €17,4m equivalent to €45,267 per GT
Specific statistics courtesy of SuperYacht Times iQ
- Yachts built circa 2018 in Italy measuring around 70m sold at an average asking price of €88m or €99,210 per GT
Comparable sales courtesy of SuperYacht Times iQ
- Saint Nicolas had a last asking price of €46,7m equivalent to €24,097 per GT
- Lady E had a last asking price of €59m equivalent to €38,138 per GT
- Twenty-two Benetti yachts were sold last year for an average asking price of €10,3m
- Today there are 61 used Benetti yachts for sale at an average asking price of €9,5m
- Spectre’s asking price was €65m or €46,099 per GT
SuperYacht Times - The State of Yachting 2019
Being the intelligence partner for the top shipyards and yacht brokers in the world, we have learned to analyse and track the market in great detail. Each year our leading market report is used by investors, CEOs, owners and other key decision makers to inform themselves on the state of the market and future developments. Find all the information you need on the market, fleet, construction book, ownership nationalities and much more in our report.
#weknow - do you want to know? Buy the report now for only €299!