Built in 2001 by American shipyard Delta Marine, the 37.8-metre yacht Spirit has been sold, thanks to Don Strong of Denison representing the buyer and Josh Gulbranson of Fraser representing the seller. Spirit (previously Aerie) is currently in Fort Lauderdale. With an exterior and interior design by American designer Jonathan Quinn Barnett, Spirit can accommodate up to eight guests onboard in the master, VIP or two double staterooms. She is taken care of by a crew of up to six and is able to reach a top speed of 18 knots thanks to her twin MTU 1800hp engines. Photo: Merijn de Waard / SuperYacht TimesAt the time of sale, Spirit had an asking price of €6,900,000 which is equivalent to €21,063 per GT.
Market statistics courtesy of SuperYacht Times iQ
- In 2018 American built yachts sold at an average asking price of €4.9m which is equivalent to €23,332 per GT
- Last year, Delta Marine build yachts sold at an average asking price of €6.9m or €21,736 per GT
- During 2018, yachts built between 1999 and 2003 sold at an average asking price of €4m which is equivalent to €14,080 per GT
- In 2018 yachts in the 35-40-metre range sold at an average asking price of €5.8m or €22,466 per GT
Specific statistics courtesy of SuperYacht Times iQ
- Yachts built circa 2001 in the United States measuring around 37m sold at an average asking price of €5.8m or €16,941 per GT
Comparable sales courtesy of SuperYacht Times iQ
- Wonderland, a 37m Delta Marine built in 1997 had a last asking price of €6m or €21,616 per GT
- Lanida, a 37m Delta Marine built in 1997 had a last asking price of €3.9m or €13,754 per GT
- Five Delta Marine yachts were sold last year for an average asking price of €4.9m with an average price per GT of €23,332 per GT.
- Today there are seven Delta Marine yachts for sale at an average asking price of €9.4m
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA