Photo: Charl van Rooy / SuperYacht TimesEnjoying the tropical summer this week in the quaint Italian fishing port of Portofino were the two superyachts Triple Seven (left) and Sovereign, seen here moored alongside each other. The 66.7-metre Triple Seven was built by the German shipyard Nobiskrug and completed in 2006 to a design by Newcruise. The 55-metre Sovereign is a fully American yacht built by Newcastle Marine in Palm Coast, Florida to a design by Murray & Associates. After changing hands one year after delivery, in 2012 Sovereign was renamed from Harbour Island and received a new coat of grey hull paint and several other modifications on board.
The SuperYacht iQ 2018 Market Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA